Thursday, February 23, 2017

Elegant Roses

I used on of the Simon Says Stamp Elegant Roses dies and one of the new Partial Cut leaves to make a thank you card...
I die cut the roses and layered...filling them with...what else...paint chips(I'm in love, what can I say!  Hey, for flowers like these, shades of the same color are perfect!).  I embossed the rose die onto the card panel three times for the positioning of the die cut leaves...the dies only partially cut the leaves(like their name says:)!), so they are left ON the cardstock.  Here's kind of what it looked like, on one I decided not to use...
It's nice to have a visual of the flowers, so you  can know where to die cut the leaves.  I used the "thanks" stamp from the Simon set, Thankful Heart., then put a piece of green cardstock behind the die cut leaves for their color.  Here's a close up...
I take Noah to the local botanical gardens whenever the day is nice...they have a HUGE rose garden...can't wait til they begin to bloom...my favorite flower in the whole wide world!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out, Lisa! Can't wait to give this idea a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I would love to see how you actually use the paint chips. A quick tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another inspirational fab card with dies and paint chips. Here comes the big question: I live in Sweden, and can't for the life of me figure out what paint chips are. Where do you buy them? I'd love to give some of your ideas a try, but I don't know the first thing about paint chips.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is stunning. I love your cards and look forward to them everyday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those roses are beautiful! The paint chips are a great way to vary the tone of color! I love the CAS style. This card, to me, is signature "Lisa"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, beautiful card and layout !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is gorgeous, and I just had to hop over from Lin's blog to see what inspired her! Love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa