Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Inspired by a Skirt

I watch a lot of Disney!  There...now you know something new about me:)!   Noah LOVES the shows on Disney, so if the TV is on, and Noah's watching, it's probably on Disney. We were watching the show "Jessie" the other day, and I was enamored by a skirt one of the characters, Zuri, was wearing.  I have tried to find a pic of it, but couldn't.  I will say, it had a HUGE, pretty, bright pink flower on a black skirt...INSPIRATION!!  I added a striped panel, but you get the idea...
I didn't have a flower die that was big enough to "fill" the whole card, so I stamped a sriped background.  Layered the flower twice for each set of petals, popped up the striped panel on the card.  I thought the orange embossing powder I had in one of my drawers would be perfect for another pop against the black, and go with the center of the flower.  Make sure you use an embossing bag to make sure your embossing powder is no where but on the ink:)!
 Can I just say...will any company ever make a super fine embossing powder in different colors?????  It is SO HARD to use the colored embossing powders with sentiments, as the sentiments really REQUIRE fine powder to look amazing...so, if you're reading this and are in a position to see this happen...I think SUPER FINE COLORED EMBOSSING POWDER WOULD BE SUPER AMAZING!!!  But, for now, I did my best (just not the way I would have loved for it to look!).

Ok...super fun!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

8 comments:

  1. That's gorgeous! I love that hot pink flower against the black stripes. I agree with you about the embossing powder, colors in superfine would be awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! The color pops with the black!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow superfine embossing powders come in a number of colours indigo, red, green etc

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is wonderful. Your blog is one of the best out there. I love how the two colors look against the background. I tried stamping my sentiment in Versamark first, then in in my choice of colored ink pad before stamping on the card. I then heat it right away. Works pretty well. And the Versamark does not seem to hurt my colored ink pad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! That is one eye popping card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sentiment, stripes and flower each have their own 'wow' factor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Lisa. I sometimes use coloured pigment ink e.g.Versacolor then add clear powder. It doesn't need to be superfine as the inked colour keeps its shape.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just won some Wow powders. Have to give them a try. Many of their many products come in three different grain sizes!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa