Thursday, September 5, 2013

Graduation Card

The Chevron Pattern Full Card die by Simon Says Stamp is the coolest chevron die yet!!  My husband and I are going to a police academy gradution tonight to witness and celebrate the graduation of a much loved young man from the academy, and I thought this die was a perfect choice for a "manly" card for him..
The design of these chevrons is soooo cool...the possibilities are endless, but love the solid pieces mixed with the cut outs...has such eye appeal to me!!  So I mixed the white frame with black and gray pieces.   I wanted to use a manly shaped sentiment...and this one by Stampendous, Simple Congrats, was pulled from my drawer, but doesn't seem to be available except in the UK...I liked it because it had font with letters that had square ends and it was thin and small, so the design of the card was not consumed.  It seems most congrats are more feminine in their design?!
The inside used a stamp from a new set from Simon Says Stamp, Sketchy Banner Greetings, which really went with the congratulation...we are SO proud of him!!...
There you have it...hope your day is great!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Hello, love THE Chevrons!
    Beautiful !
    Love !neke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. The grays and blacks mixed with the cut outs are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Perfect card for a young man graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card -- so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never have enough words to compliment an elegant achromatic card. I love achormatic, and your card is incredibly classy and beautifully executed. I'd be happy to get such a lovely card, even when it does not have a typical "girly" palete. Stunning!

    (BTW, I pinned your card. Too pretty not to share...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfection! what a fabulous cas/graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. perfection! what a fabulous cas/graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, I love this card! Great guy card and perfect for your young friend's graduation.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing, simply amazing! Love your colors scheme, so stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa