Friday, April 19, 2013

Paper Smooches Hot Spot Die

I "get" the trends, and sometimes even join in on a trend or two...sometimes with creative difficulty, but thought one of the latest trends of arrows kind of cool.  I purchased a set of Paper Smooches dies, one of them having arrows, only didn't realize the die really would have worked best with it's coordinating die...well, it really didn't work for me at all...until I MADE it work:)!!...
This die doesn't just make arrows, which I thought it did...it cuts the whole rounded rectangle WITH the arrows...

 The first one, I used the die and die cut 2 layers of white paper (LOVE the slightly raised look of the 2 layers!!), then colored each arrow with  a sharpie marker.  How to do it????
I used Scor It tape behind each piece of white paper before die cutting, die cut both, then removed the film over the adhesive on one of the cuts and adhered to the other.  Then... removed the film on the bottom cut, placed it where I wanted, below the sentiment on the card panel, and using my exacto knife, gently pressed each arrow onto the card panel with my knife, NOT pressing on the outside die cut(you don't want THAT to stick).  Hope that makes sense.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink.  The second one, I die cut the arrows on a piece of adhesive backed cork(Michael's)....adhering the same way as the first...getting the arrows to stick to the panel, not the whole die.  The sentiment is Hero Arts.
I have some more arrows to share...but that's for another day:)!!  Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. I'll have to read this a couple more times to fully understand how you did it, but what I do understand w/o difficulty is how sensational your cards are, Lisa! Refreshing and fun and WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a different look with the same die, both of which are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You beat me to it... I had plans for this die when I got my hands on it.... Lol
    I'm swooning over the rainbow and cork chevrons :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa - your cards are amazing - such different looks you achieved - I especially LOVE the first card! Sounds really complicated, how you made this....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look! Still not sure exactly how you did it either but it is way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes lots of work but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool results Lisa.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa