Sunday, July 22, 2012

Less is More...Sewing

The challenge this week at Less is More is to make a clean and simple card having sewing on your card!  I don't know if my card will be accepted, but KNOW that I used a needle with my ribbon, and although it looks weaved, I SEWED the ribbon through the holes...welllll...hope that counts:)?!
I saw Chrissie's card, and had just gotten the same Simon Says Stamp die this week, and thought it perfect for the challenge in a different way:)  Used some Stampin Up very thin Pumpkin ribbon...loved how it had a thin white edge on it...
threaded it through a needle and started "sewing"...Used a sentiment from Hero Arts that I colored in with Pumpkin Pie marker, layered whole panel on white card.  Each row is a separate ribbon, after threading through I took all the ribbon pieces and added glue dots to the back of the ribbon and adhered the ends to the glue dots.  FUN!!!

Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

24 comments:

  1. Great LIM card - so clever and striking, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Before now I would have said ribbon can not be clean and simple, but man, this is sooooo cool! You are so creative! I love how even the empty holes are such an important part of the design! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Lisa,FANTASTIC!!!! creation, a clever idea Lisa, i love orange with white, very fresh look!, great work Lisa as always.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is such a clever take on this challenge...I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really clever and looks tremendous Lisa. i really like how you have omitted some holes, it really adds to the design!
    Great stuff!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card - really neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the die on another card but never in a millions years would I have thought to sew ribbon through it. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! Are you KIDDING me?!! Like this is freakin' AH-MAZING, Lisa - never in a million years would I think to do something like this with that die! Your creative brain just blows me away, time and time again. And this time, my friend, I think you've pretty much rendered me speechless!! Absolutely GENIUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WEll, duh, of COURSE this counts as sewing! Fabulous use of that die, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your card is absolutely brilliant! what a fun and creative way to use that die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clever design, so effective!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab-u-lous! Great design and I love the colour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow... that's such a creative way to use the die :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just too, too smart! Love the way your creative mind thinks. Gorgeous card!
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing design with that ribbon! This is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing design; so creative and love the colour against the 'holes', very striking! Caggy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant idea, amazing card.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been trying so hard to spend "less" and use the things I have...then I see this marvelous die...and I just really want one! Love the "stitching" on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OK, talk about CLEVER! Love this idea! So, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card Lisa
    Superb use of the holes
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa