Friday, July 13, 2012

Less is More 75...Gold

This week's challenge at Less is More is to make a clean and simple card using gold!  I must admit...gold is one of those colors that I immediately think of for anniversaries and Christmas...so I really had to think...
Here's what I came up with...simple and to the point... 
I used a stamp from Stampotique and a border butterfly die from Memory Box that I ran through and used the butterflies that came out of the  border.  I used gold paper to die cut the butterflies and gold wire to make some antennae for the "flies".  I stamped the quote in versamark and gold embossed.  Used same gold paper as the butterflies as a frame and a Spellbinders rectangle die to emboss a larger frame on the card around it all....GOLD all the way!!!  Here's a more shiny shot...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

10 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about gold. Great way to revisualize it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and simple...love the embossed frame too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is just a stunning as ever!
    Wonderful card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yest stunning, sparkling and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant, Lisa! Just the perfect amount of gold and I love the scoring to frame it. Beautiful sentiment and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love the sentiment. And the butterflies are beautiful.
    Beautiful card all together.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total elegance with the textured cs and gold framing -- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW did you manage to get such a clean stamped & embossed image of that sentiment?! Sooo jealous. I mess up so much on textured paper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just gorgeous. Beautiful scoring and gold embossing. Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa