Monday, July 30, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays...Navy, Aqua and Lime

This week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a clean and simple card using the colors Navy, Aqua and Lime Green...

The sponsor this week is Stop and Scrap
Check out the CAS-ual Friday blog for more info on this cool company, but know that the winner of this week's challenge will receive a $20 gift certificate to have some shopping fun!!
Here's what I came up with using the challenge colors...
When I saw the colors, I thought graphic.  I had taken the Online Card Class recently and Jennifer McGuire embossed on the card she used the same die cut images on...so I tried it on my card, but debossed.  I have a lot of star dies and this card was a combination of Stampin Up, MFT and Papertrey Ink dies.  I had taken strips of the challenge color paper, adhered them to a piece of thin card stock and then die cut the different sized striped  stars.  I used Glossy Accents and squirted 2 layers of GA over the stars to give them a hard, shiny look...
I die cut 3 apertures in the white panel along with the debossed stars and popped up on white card.  The sentiment is Paper Smooches.  FUN!!
 Don't forget to check out the CAS-ual Fridays blog to see what the design team has come up with but don't forget  CAS-ual Fridays on Facebook...you will find yours truly there every Monday and another Girl Friday there every day of the challenge for added inspiration!!  Be the star you are, this week...You Rock!!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

14 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Lisa!! I love the addition of the glossy accents to the striped stars. Wonderful idea to emboss the same shape you're cutting. Great design! I'm pinning this to CASE. My grandson will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great use of the negative too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...love those stripes and the gorgeous shimmer the glossy accents adds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your graphic design especially those shiny stars. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this card. I may use some of your ideas for my next card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute. I love those shining stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning! Love the design and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those glossy striped stars are amazing! The whole layout of your card is perfect, what a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous take on the challenge, and you hit it out of the ballpark with the addition of the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card...LOVE the glossy stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I love the glossy stars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am dumb struck at how brilliant this card is. Super sharp and spectacular:)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa