Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Jennifer McGuire Case

I LOVE the Online Card Classes...the lastest one was Stretch Your Stamps!!  I always learn so much...not just new techniques and ideas on using stamps and dies, but even little tips on how to use the products that we use WITH those stamps and dies...invaluable!!  I don't think I can show the card that Jennifer made(you have to be a part of the class), but it  just WOWED me, so I had to try it myself(mind you mine does not come close, but I WILL make another...gotta keep improving, but had to show you this!!)
 
I used a Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Die(made by Memory Box) Delicate Dahlia...
                                                          *Simon Says Stamp DELICATE DAHLIA Craft DIE S100
and die cut the flower 3 times.  I also used the die to emboss the card in a couple places using the soft embossing pads.   I cut away at some of the rows of the die cut flowers for two of them and then put drops of Glossy accents on the backs of each of the little cut out pieces(still IN the die cut flower).  I put the glued flowers on the white card and put it underneath something heavy for a while so they could stick and dry.  When dry, peel away the die cut flower and the little pieces remain.  Colored with Stampin Up markers and added a Hero Arts sentiment.  I goofed in a lot of areas on this card.  Not enough stick on the pieces and the smallest flower was a total redo after I really messed up the first one that was under the one you see...but the NEXT one I do will be easier and better:)!! You really only learn "how to" and get better by DOING:)!!...right??!  This class is over, but you can always join...just link to the site at the beginning of the post:)!!
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of work but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now what? This is a new one to me and I just got some intricate MB dies. I can't wait to try that glue-and-peel-away technique... brilliant. TFS!! Your finished card is so fantastic, well worth the time it took!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, you pulled it off! I tried this and failed so miserably! I couldn't get the tiny bits to stay IN the die-cut piece long enough to color them and get the glue on them. Yours looks great! you have waaaaay more patience than I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is a GORGEOUS case of the class card. Love every last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous technique! Thanks for showing your beautiful card. Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AMAZING Lisa! WOW

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa